Gaia Education is happy to announce a new cycle of Ecovillage Design Education (EDE) Certified Programmes.
The Programmes are currently or will be taking place in:
- Viçosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil, hosted by the Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV) and Insituto Socioambiental de Viçosa, completing in April 2016;
- Moisamaa, Estonia, hosted by Gaia Academy, started in November 2015 and completing in September 2016;
- Eco-Commune Guede Chantiers, Senegal, hosted by City College of New York, starting in January 2016;
- Cabrero, Chile hosted by El Manzano commencing in January 2016;
- Lake Constance, Switzerland, hosted by Shloss Glarisegg starting in January 2016;
- Siddhartavillage, India hosted by Thread, starting in February 2016;
- Findhorn, Scotland, hosted by Applied Ecovillage Living starting in February 2016.
Some stimulating new EDE formats have been certified recently. The Preparations for Living in 21st Century year-long EDE by Gaia Academy will be equipping Estonian learners with the fundamentals for holistic lifestyle and practical tools for life-enhancing zero-carbon activities. The 21-day Service-Learning EDE hosted by City College New York to be held at Eco-Commune Guede Chantiers, Senegal where students and villagers are expected to form teams to design village-scale projects while enabling transformative inter-cultural knowledge sharing. And the Shloss Glarisegg Castle Community Youth in Action EDE in Switzerland, under the auspices of Erasmus+, exploring effective models of Youth engagement in societal transformation while preparing them to set-up EDE courses in their own regions.
Creativity is at the helm in re-imagining a positive future for all. May these examples inspire you to organise and certify your own EDE!
For courses set to be held six (6) months from now, we encourage you to submit your applications on or before 31 December 2015 and these shall be reviewed by February 28, 2016.