Gaia Education’s Core Values are consistent with key values in the greater ecovillage/transition/permaculture communities, and are framed within our 4-D Whole Systems Design Framework, with four key pillars of sustainability:
Respect for Diversity
01. We celebrate cultural, ethnic, racial, sexual, religious and spiritual diversity, promoting mutual respect, tolerance, and diversity of opinion and representation on a global level. We promote biodiversity.
Regeneration and Sustainability
02. We promote social, ecological, economic and cultural regeneration, using the most sustainable materials and approaches, and moving always towards a paradigm shift to a circular economy.
03. We place confidence in the innate generosity of spirit of humans and our ability to transform our relationship with the planet. We support community empowerment through increased participation, conﬁdence, knowledge and skills sharing, so that communities can create their own change, on their own terms.
04. We continually search for the most innovative insights from international research and practice of regenerative development to update & improve our Whole Systems Design Framework and pedagogies.
Human Rights and Social Justice
05. We uphold the principle that everyone’s Human Rights must be respected at all times, and we nurture the conﬁdence of individuals to strive for a just relation with society, valuing self-determination, social freedom and fair access to prosperity and opportunity.
Equality and Equity
06. We advance cultural, ethnic, sexual, religious and spiritual equality of voice and opportunity and strive for fairness.
Integrity and Transparency
07. We demonstrate high ethical standards using transparent processes, and only form partnerships with entities sharing these ethics and values.