Communications Coordinator (Spanish and Portuguese)
Gaia Education (GE) is a provider of sustainability education that promotes thriving communities within planetary boundaries. We offer multiple online and face-to-face courses and project-based learning programmes in different areas of sustainability in order to support the transition of communities around the world and the achievement of the UN Agenda 2030 for sustainable development.
Drawing from the experience and expertise of a network of some of the most successful transition settings, ecovillages, and community projects across Earth, Gaia Education works in over 55 countries with over 110 partners, including intergovernmental agencies, and academic institutions, ethical businesses and the United Nations.
We have an exciting opportunity for all the Spanish and Portuguese speaking people out there as a part-time (62.5 hours per month), self-employed Communications Coordinator. Hourly rate: £12-16 depending on experience.
- Overseeing the Spanish communications and marketing
- Working with the marketing team to actualise the marketing objectives
- Responsible for the content on the Spanish/Portuguese social media channels, producing social media content
- Writing blog posts, newsletters and mailings in Spanish/Portuguese
- Analysing market data and suggesting better marketing practises
- Contributing to tasks in market research to identify Spanish/Portuguese speaking audience more closely
- Contributing to campaign ideas and development
The purpose of this role is to have an overview of Spanish communications in marketing which requires having strong and compelling communication skills in Spanish. You will be working directly with the marketing and communications team: the marketing and communications team leader, the marketing coordinator of the English sector, and the graphic designer. Occasionally you are also expected to support the course team and the wider team in any Spanish communication needs. The role requires someone who is used to working remotely in an international setting.
The marketing focuses 70% of the time in content marketing so having a knowledge of sustainable education and development is a plus as it will be easier for you to identify what type of content our audience engages with.
The majority of the time (70%), you will be creating social media content, writing blog posts in Spanish about any current and relevant topics in the sustainability field, contacting previous students for interviews and stories to share. The rest of the time (30%) will be focused on developing the marketing strategy for Spanish and identifying opportunities for the Spanish market.
The ideal candidate is someone who feels confident in their communication skills in Spanish and has a good grasp of how to create meaningful marketing content.
Essential skills and experience:
- Fluent Spanish and good working English
- Knowledge of the Latin American culture
- Experience working in marketing and communications
- Basic understanding of SEO, Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Canva online platform
- Team player - good people skills
- An understanding of current marketing trends and a good knowledge of what type of content is engaging
Desirable skills and experience:
- Understanding and speaking Portuguese is a plus
- Experience in third sector
- Video editing is a plus
Think you’d like to contribute to our work? We’d love to hear from you!
For more details and any questions, please feel free to email the Marketing and Communications Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for the role please send a CV, portfolio of work, and Cover Letter to email@example.com, with the subject ‘Communications coordinator- SP’’
Deadline: Fri 24th June 2022, 23.59 GMT.
Sign up to receive Gaia Education News!
We will be very glad to share with you a lot of content, news and tools so you can start changing the world with us.