SDGs Training of Multipliers in Vienna
Gaia Education presents a one-day SDG Training of Multipliers in Vienna on 15 June 2020 to learn more about the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We invite you to join the vitally important conversation about how to accelerate the implementation of the United Nations’ 17 SDGs at the local and regional scale in ways that are carefully adapted to the bio-cultural uniqueness of your community. The workshop will be facilitated by May East, CEO of Gaia Education, who has decades of experience in her role as sustainability educator and facilitator of positive change.
The purpose of the training is twofold
- To initiate community focused conversations on local SDGs implementation;
- to train people to become multipliers of such conversations.
The highly interactive and participatory training engages participants in progressive conversations about the local relevance of the SDGs – based on a set of SDGs Flashcards designed to help structure small group dialogues.
By exploring the four dimensions of sustainability (social, ecological, economic and worldview) of each of the 17 SDGs in question-focused small group conversations, participants will collaborate in developing ideas and strategies for local and regional SDGs implementation through a series of demonstration projects.
The flashcard based facilitation process will enable participants to replicate these community conversations about the SDGs in their government department, at the university, in schools, businesses, and community groups.
During the day-long course participants will be able to
- acquire a multi-dimensional perspective on all 17 SDGs and their 169 targets;
- prioritise a number of goals that are particularly important for their community; participate in a series of small group conversations to identify policies, projects and resources that could support SDGs implementation;
- explain the wider context of the UN sustainable development process and its history leading up to the creation of the SDGs;
- work with like-minded people in your community who are also willing to collaborate on local SDGs implementation projects;
- sketch out strategies of how to mobilise local stakeholders around feasible projects;
- practice to become an active multiplier of conversations that matter to your community.
Sustainability is not an end point in a journey. It is a community centred process of learning how to live sustainably and regeneratively in a particular locality with its ecological and cultural uniqueness.
Everyone in that place can take the leadership to start or participate in culturally creative conversations about how to collaboratively create specific projects aimed at implementing priority SDGs in their community.
If you want to take part in or facilitate such conversations where you live or work, this course is for you.
Time & Location
The day-long training will take place from 9:00 – 17:00 on 15 June 2020, at Kulturzentrum im Amerlinghaus, Stiftgasse 8, 1070 Wien, Austria.
Lunch is not provided, but a number of lunch venues are available at or in the vicinity of the venue.
This is a workshop about how humanity’s Global Goals to identify local priorities and paths towards implementation.