Gaia Education is hiring a graphic designer!
We have an exciting opportunity for all the creatives out there as a part-time (40 hours per month) Graphic designer. Hourly rate: £15-20/hr depending on experience.
The purpose of this role is to have an overview of branding in all areas of the organisation, holding a strong visual image that makes the organisation unique. You will be working directly with the marketing and communications team: marketing and communications manager, marketing coordinator of the English sector, and marketing coordinator of the Spanish sector. You are also expected to support the course team and the wider team in any branding needs. The role requires someone who is used to working remotely in an international setting. We seek someone with good communication skills while having a strong view on good branding techniques and ideas of what is engaging for the audience.
The majority of the time (70%), you will be designing visual images and campaign materials (adverts, social media posts, the visual image of the website, short videos, brochures, flyers). The rest of the time you will be supporting the team in other areas of branding needs like documents, reports and presentations. The ideal candidate is someone who feels confident in their design skills and in creating templates in Canva and Adobe Illustrator, while being able to brief others about the design and guide them on how to edit content in case needed, without losing the visual message.
The role is fully online, the only requirement being that you are no further than +/- 2 hours UTC to be aligned with the hours of the rest of the team.
- Overseeing and ensuring that the visual image of Gaia Education aligns with the brand
- Holding the brand identity of the organisation across the board
- Designing, developing and producing visuals for social media
- Responsible for producing social media posts, email banners, videos etc. for all marketing campaigns
- Contributing to campaign ideas and development
- Reviewing and updating the visuals and branding inside the courses and keep the branding guidelines updated
- Producing and editing videos
- Designing print materials (eg.brochures, flyers etc.)
Essential skills and experience:
- Good skills and experience using Adobe Suite
- Knowledged of Canva online platform
- A degree or solid experience in graphic design and video editing
- Team player - good people skills
- An understanding of current marketing trends and a good knowledge of what type of content is engaging
- A good knowledge and understanding of using visuals in social media
- Good working English
Desirable skills and experience:
- Understanding Portuguese and Spanish is a plus
- Experience from third sector
Think you’d like to contribute to our work? We’d love to hear from you!
For more details and any questions, please feel free to email the Marketing Team Leader: email@example.com
If you wish to apply for the role please send a CV, portfolio of work, and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ‘Brand Graphic Designer.’’
Deadline: Wednesday 27th April 2022, 23.59 GMT.